Pages

Over all Things, Remember to This...

I was Reading this morning 1 John 3, and found (3) things we must remember, especially during this season where we celebrate Christmas, the birth of Jesus Christ in this world. The Light of the World, the Word made flesh. We must remember...

His incredible love

He saw us in our sin and iniquities, but he loved us anyway, and He came to take our sin, to die in our place, to pay make us righteous and reconcile us with GOD. Because those that believe in the name of the Son of God, Jesus Christ are called children of GOD, now I can call Him Daddy, my Father, which is amazing! Can you look at GOD as your Father? This may be difficult for some, but if you could imagine a perfect dad, one that is just and loving, caring, merciful, He is our GOD.

As His children we have born of the spirit of GOD meaning we now are a new creation, have a new nature (V9) and this brings us to the second thing we must remember...

Abide in Him and let Him abide in us

GOD wants us to understand that we are His children, and as a good Father, He loves us, He sees our needs, and listen to our prayers and our cry.

"All who keep His commandments [who obey His orders and follow His plan, live and continue to live, to stay and] abide in Him, and He in them. [[r] They let Christ be a home to them and they are the home of Christ.] And by this we know and understand and have the proof that He [really] lives and makes His home in us: by the [Holy] Spirit Whom He has given us. (1Jn.3:24 Amplified Bible)

He wants us to abide in Him, to make Him our home and to be a home for Him. I read this on my amplified Bible and it really made me think... How is to live in Him? How is to let Him live in me? (I would like for you to think about it and comment on it if you wish)

I have been far from my parents for more than 20 years, and as you can imagine sometimes I get homesick. When I have the opportunity to visit them at their home they make me feel so special, they love to prepare the food I like, and take me to see the places I have not seen in many years. They make me feel like a child again, and I can feel the love and care they have for me. How much more our Father in Heaven does for us...

When I went astray as the prodigal son, God spoke to me one night, while I was crying, because I felt lonely and knew that I was in disobedience. I can still hear his voice tugging at my heart saying: "Come back Home". Today I understand the Home he was calling me to was not just a particular church, but Home, to restore a relationship with HIM. At His home you find peace, love without measure, healing, strength, refuge, provision for your every need, forgiveness, mercy, joy...

He calls us to a personal relationship, where HE also wants to come to live in us; He wants us to be a home for HIM. During this season (Christmas) we receive family members in our homes, and that make me think, how would I prepare my home if Jesus tell me, I will come to your home to stay for a couple of days? You can imagine, cleaning everything, preparing the most delicious meals I could think of, I will play the most beautiful music to praise HIM, and plan things ahead of time to be able to spend most of the time with Him. You know, many times I found myself busy in so many things that I feel I am ignoring Him, because I have invited Him into my heart, and I should be aware that He accepted the invitation. If we acknowledge that He is ever present in us, we will be changing possible our ways, because we will be living to please Him and obey His commandments. We will be asking Him, what to do next and asking for His opinion. We will be inviting everybody we know to come and meet HIM! which takes me to the last thing to remember.

Share His Love (Love in deed and in Truth)

Sharing His love will be very easy if we have experience His love and abide in Him, because it will be the natural thing to do. If we are full of HIM, HE will be all we will want to share, and we will do it with joy.

So this Christmas and every day, I pray for us to keep seeking a deeper knowledge and understanding of His Love, a deeper relationship with Him and a deeper love for others, specially, the family of God.

God Bless,